Monday, March 12, 2007

Online Secrets: Presentation - Part 4

They orchestrated their speeches and choreographed them with psychology and practice. Just like a professionally written sales letter…

With writing sales copy, many top copywriters include such psychology as appealing to the seven deadly sins, like greed, lust and envy.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes. Imagine you are watching a live broadcast on television of some event, like a football game. All you see is the game, an occasional shot of the fans in the stands and you hear the commentators’ voices.

However, there is a multitude of stuff going on you do not see. There are tons of cameras, people in the trucks working the computers, commercials, technical stuff, etc.

It’s like a puppet master. All you see is the puppets and maybe the tiny strings.

Presentation is so huge in marketing. Your sales copy has to appeal to emotions and create urgency. If I’m looking for a product to help with my high blood pressure, and I click on a website, it better sell me “big-time” that they have something nobody else has (including my doctor).

I believe that if you want to know the secret to success online, it’s called copywriting. If you are not good at copywriting, I recommend 200% that you read up and learn all you can on it.

You can pay others to write it for you if this is a weakness. It should be your most expensive cost, in my opinion.

Here are a couple BLOGS I read on copywriting:

http://www.successdoctor.com
This one is Michel Fortin’s copywriting Blog

http://world-copywriting-institute.typepad.com/world_copywriting_blog/
This one is David Garfinkel’s BLOG

Both great copywriters and offer great discussions on their BLOGS. Plus Michel Fortin’s Blog has a list of other copywriters at the time I’m writing this.

0 comments: