Monday, March 5, 2007

Online Secrets: Presentation - Part 3

Ok, I’m not ripping on gurus at all. Alright, maybe just a little… There were a few of the speakers who were approachable and even came up and joined in on conversations on their own.

One of the speakers at this particular seminar was Craig Perrine. He had very good things to say. I approached him first and he respected that. I had a couple of nice conversations with him. In fact, he pulled up a chair and had lunch with me and another attendee.

Craig is big on list building. He had very good tips and techniques on doing just that. We will get into that more later on in this publication.

Craig had a way of building trust with the attendees. Therefore he stood out in my mind. He presented himself as an expert (he is) and he spoke in a way that represented how successful he has become.

All the speakers started out by telling a little about themselves. You know, the proverbial “I was just like you once and now I’m a super hero” type discussion.

It built a bond with the audience. And, of course they had to slightly flash proof of their success, “screen-captures of income, etc.”

Through the presentations, the speakers would then go onto giving us a few nuggets of information and then close with their sales pitch on persuading us to buy their thousand dollar products.

Why was each speaker’s presentation similar in format, structure and delivery to each other? I thought they all read the same “how to be a seminar guru” ebook or something…

It’s all about presentation.

0 comments: