Monday, January 22, 2007

Online Secrets: A Millionaire - Part 2

Then, I decided to run some ads in the paper and pay people a small commission. I was shocked by how many people I got to come on board with me on a full commission basis.

It did not take long for me to realize that I was making more money off several of my employee’s sales… than my own. I figured out quick that 10 people could out sell me.

That’s what the old millionaire meant huh? Well, there’s more to it!

Later on, I talked with my salespeople and asked them why they were willing to come on board for full commission and work for some “20something” year old. They said it was because I was passionate and they wanted to be a part of what I was doing.

I ended up getting out of that business and starting a new one. I started an advertising & marketing company. It is what I majored in and always wanted to pursue marketing.

I started this company the same way and quickly hired full commission people. This company grew fast. It grew too fast. I was reaching several hundred thousands of dollars per year.

Then, I hit a financial crisis. I needed money to keep up and grow properly. I needed investors. I was a bit intimidated going after investors though. I mean, these people are already rich and successful right?

I ended up getting investors and realized once again, that this is another example of other people working for me.

It was also another example of people expressing that they were interested in me because of my passion.

My point about having passion is that people are attracted to those who are confident… and have the passion or conviction to do the uncommon.

Fortune really does favor the bold. And, if you can pursue something you want with passion and confidence, the world moves out of the way for you.

That old man, the millionaire, really had some good lessons and those lessons have become true in many different ways. He said that I had to believe in myself. Nobody else would do it for me. It was up to me to believe in myself and take action.
To be continued...

0 comments: