Monday, January 15, 2007

Online Secrets: A Millionaire - Part 1

I met a millionaire many years ago. I was very young at the time. I was very ambitious and wanted everything the world had to offer.

He had a summer fishing house in the same neighborhood I lived. For most of my years living there, I never saw anyone at his house.

It was a big house right on the bay. It had tennis courts, a boat house, beautiful landscaping, a swimming pool and one of those long wrap around driveways.

When I finally saw someone there, I took the opportunity to walk over and introduce myself. The old man was wearing a large fishing hat and had a beer in his hand.

I told him that I wanted to have a house like his one day. In an abrupt manner, he said, “you can do it”! I was a little taken back at first and thought perhaps he had been drinking too much beer.

He asked me how I planned on getting a house like his. I did not have a real answer of course. However I did respond by telling him that I did not know right at the moment how I would have a house like his but that I would in deed have one some day in the future.

He said, well if you want a big house like this one day, and you want to be rich, keep this in mind: it takes other people.

He went on to explain what he meant and added that no matter what, I would make as much money equal to how high I believed in myself.

The more I believed in myself, the more money I would make. The more people I had working for me, the more money I would make.

Those were his lessons to me. I always kept his lessons in mind. I thought I fully understood what he expressed.

As I got older, I started my own small business selling a telecommunication service. I was a good salesperson. I could not really afford to hire anyone else, so I was sort of a one man show. I had created an independent job per say.
To be continued...

0 comments: