Monday, May 7, 2007

Online Secrets: List Building - Part 2

Here’s a quick example of how I’d start off an email:

Hi {name},

Geeze, I was going to the local post office today to pick up a package and ran into an old friend of mine. I have not seen this guy in years. He did not look so great honestly. Not the same guy I remembered back in college dorm days. He asked me what I do for a living and I said Internet Marketing. He did not understand of course. We talked for a while and I realized I could help him. He was obviously interested in what I do for a living and wanted to learn.

I invited him and his family over for grilling steaks and adult beverages. He was very enthusiastic and excited about learning IM, I had to teach him. I bet you that in no time, he’ll be driving a brand new car and working full time online.

I told my good friend and successful Internet Marketer Terry Crim about what I did for this old friend, and Terry said I should package this up and offer it to people. He really thought it was amazing!

Click here to see what I’ve taught him so far!


Do you see how that is probably very different than most of the auto-responder emails that pound your inbox daily? It is a story and it allows your list to get to know you.

By the way, did you go to click on the (Click here) at the end of that story? :)

Look, everyone teaches that the money is in the list and they are as right as can be. It is in the list and I believe everything you do should be targeted at building that list bigger and more responsive every single day.

Your list is an asset, like a portfolio of stocks that generate income for you. Imagine for just a moment that you have a list of 20,000 super responsive subscribers.

Can you imagine what kind of leverage that list will provide you? Heck, you would have all the power when it comes to JV’s. You’d have opportunity coming out your ears.

0 comments: