Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Online Secrets: Presentation - Part 2

Ever see the movie Schindler’s List? At the beginning of the movie Liam Neeson provides a very good example of ‘presentation’. He gets his best suit, grabs a handful of cash and goes to some big party where all these major German soldiers were. He bought them drinks and dazzled them with presentation. They had to know who he was. He got their business as well.

I think you get the picture of what I mean by presentation. At Internet Marketing seminars, “presentation” is in full effect. When I attended my first live seminar, I noticed the speakers were into their presentation mode.

Of course right? I mean I would be too. They stand up there and speak, flash their money, act seriously important and successful. Heck, the audience wants what they have. They know that.

After the seminar, there are mixers. Attendees eat and have drinks in the hotel lounge mingling with each other (including the speakers). I noticed that the speakers were mostly around each other.

I walked up to two of them during a 15 minute break. I was standing right there next to both of them. I waited for them to stop speaking so that I could tell one of them how much I liked his stuff.

So, I waited… and waited… and waited… and then said the heck with this I’m moving on to talk with the attendees. I learned so much from the attendees it’s not even funny. Most of them were just like me. They wanted to learn and offer what they know. It was an exchange of ideas, techniques and information.

Not so with the big-time celebrity gurus. Oh, they had very little specific techniques. In fact, one attendee gave me a tip for Google Adwords that I never knew for example.


The technique is to put this in the subject line:

Let’s say your keyword is “Dog”

{KeyWord: Dog}

What that will do is make the title or subject line on your Google ad have the exact same text as what they type. So, if someone types in “Big Dog” it will say Big Dog in your title of your ad.

0 comments: